CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend at Auntie's

This weekend Derek's sister volunteered to watch and KEEP the kids over night. I can sometimes get rid of one or two, but all three?! It is truly a rarity, and a treat! Ashley (Derek's sister) was excited to have the kids over, and we figured it was so she and her boyfriend (Frankie) could get the whole baby thing out of their system. They live in a cute three story house with two dogs. Zack, Matt and Kaia were so excited to be in such a house and with dogs (as their mother will never get a dog) and commenced running up and down all three floors yelling and screaming every time the dogs would chase them. We thought they were going to ask us to take the kids home before we could even leave. But that was not the case. Ashley and Frankie decided to take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese. Neither of them had been there since they were kids. At that happy note Derek and I made a quick exit, grabbed some dinner, and went home. We were looking forward to enjoying our house in peace and quiet!
Sunday morning we slept in late (for us) did not have to make breakfast for anyone, did not have to break up any fights, remind children to get chores done, it was blissful. We eventually had to get the children, and bring them back, but the 18hours without them was a nice and needed break. They had fun with Auntie Ashley and Frankie, and nobody peed the bed :) In fact while they were at Chuck E. Cheese redeeming their tickets for prizes, the girl working behind the counter told Ashley and Frankie that my three kids were the most respectful children to ever visit the place. (Maybe it was her first day on the job J/K :) But it is nice to know that my children can behave without my watchful eye.
I am so grateful for Ashley and Frankie for volunteering to take on that huge responsibility so Derek and I could enjoy some quiet.

2 comments:

VivaLasFloyds

Ok, I added you to my list so you better start updating!!

Kasey

So why are our kids always better with other people then with us? I guess I should stop worrying about Trevor being a terror in kindergarten because I won't be there so he'll probably be really good!