
So after 2 years and 3 months I am finally authorized to be a counselor for the school district. I am not, however, done with school. Oh no, I have to continue to go to school until November! It does not matter that I have secured a job and will be employed by the district. It does not matter that I have complete 280 hours of in school internship hours (which is all that is required in Nevada to be a school counselor) It does not matter that I am so tired of going to school. I have to complete internship hours to oficially earn my master's degree. Aside from that, because I have those 280 hours done I went to the Department of Education, paid my $50 dollars and got an endorsement on my license. That little receipt (my golden ticket) is all the school district needs to have to hire me. Ridiculous, I know!!! Bright side... only 5 months left, and I'll be getting paid during my second internship. Hooray!

6 comments:
Congrats! It's like those teachers who are long term subs for a year but then they still have to do their student teachng to be officially hired. Sometimes you wonder who made up these rules. But you got a job! That's so great and I bet you'll love it.
Way to go Steph! Just hang in there... you can do it! Yah, I am with Kasey, who made up these rules anyway?
Stephanie?! I saw your comment on Leslies blog.. Stephanie Iverson! Wow well it's Lenzi Johnson, well Campbell as you know it! How are you and the family?? Hows mom and dad and kim and jessica?? Great to find you, I will add you to my list and I will check back often!
You'll get there! I met you when you had just started! Time flies!
Hang in there girl...five months in nothin'! I know it's easy for me to say right? Congratulations, that is a really great acomlishment!
Congrats to you that is awesome. Hey e-mail me at mnjphelps@mvdsl.com and I will send you an invite to my blog!!!!
Post a Comment