CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Date night with the Davis's

What is a normal date for you and your spouse? Dinner and a movie? Taking in some sort of sporting event? A night out with a bunch of friends? Not with the Davis's... Derek bought me a revolver before he left the country last time and I never had a chance to shoot it, so our night started there. We went to an indoor range (somewhere I have never been!) so I could practice shooting my weapon, and he could practice shooting his. First, of all it is very interesting in a shooting range. You wonder about the type of people that go in to practice. You can rent semi-automatic machine guns to "practice" with or any other kind of gun. You can also buy paper targets with a person shaped outline on it. Anyway, we had our own weapons and targets so I just needed ear protectors and eye wear. Derek taught me how to aim my little 38 special revolver. (it is so cute and little that I was scared when I fired it for the first time and it was so loud!!!) The first shot I took was from 10 feet away and I nailed my paper target right in the chest. I put the gun down and didn't pick it back up for 5 minutes. I was kinda in a state of shock and awe. I was thinking about when I would actually have to use my gun in a defensive situation (cause my mind always goes there especially when Derek is out of the country) and it scared me. It probably didn't help that there was a man three booths away from me rapidly firing his semi automatic weapon into his person shaped paper target. Then Derek came to check on me cause he noticed there was no noise from my booth, and there were no other holes being shot into my target :) I finally decided to shoot some more and tested my self to see if I could still maintain my aim from various distances. The farthest I shot from was 75 feet away and I made three shots in the bullseye range and the other two were a little out but still on the paper.
Derek was very impressed. I told him he could brag about me to his army buddies. I kept the target and showed my babysitter and she is convinced I could kill someone :)
Then we went to dinner. We have found a new restaurant that is so fun...it is called the Hash House A Go Go. Their whole theme is twisted farm food. Derek ordered the sage fried chicken and waffles...very impressive! I ordered their take on the sheperds pie. Mine could have fed our whole family but was not as magnificent looking as Derek's. We went to Town Square to walk around after dinner, but it started raining so we left drove down the strip (which reminded us why we hate driving down the strip cause it is so busy and takes so long!) and ended up at Leatherby's for dessert. ( no we did not order that, but you get the idea :) It was a very fun night, something out of the ordinary, and after 10 1/2 years of marriage you need a little spice evry once in a while :)

6 comments:

Kasey

Who knew you had such interesting hidden talents! Where is that restaurant? I think I need to try it out. And I can't even remember the last time I was at Letherby's. I seriously think it was back in the day when Michelle got her license and we went there one Friday night because her dad let her have the car. I've got to take my kids there - a REAL ice cream place.

LaAna

Now THAT sounds like a fun date night. Sia and Karl have had a few of those. Glad you had time to enjoy each other's company again! Here's to many more new adventures....

Janelle

We drove by that restaurant last night, Steve thinks it used to be a mongolian bbq. We almost ate there, but decided to try the new mongolian bbq on Flamingo and Maryland Pkwy! We had Luv-It custard for dessert! What a fun date night! Steve and I were talking, and we think we should double with you guys while Derek is in town!

.

Sounds like a fun night! You are much braver than I am when it comes to guns. I shot a 9mm handgun of my uncle's when I was younger and that did me in. They are not for me, especially because I have NO aim! You have a great shot though. :)

Heidi

Wow!!! That was some date you went on! I would love to do something like that! That is so cool that your hubby is home:-) Good job on the shooting! I don't want to ever piss you off! Glad you guys had fun!

Lindsay

looks like a fun date. remind me not to mess with you.
i finally met derek the other day. we were both helping serve hot dogs to the honor rolls students and i had no idea who he was until I saw Kaia get out of his van at school a few days later. :)