CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

911 emergency...

Operator: 911, what's your emergency?
Kaia: Umm, do you guys have a net with no holes in it so I can get the fly out of my room?
Operator: Can I talk to your mom or dad?
Kaia: Well my dad's not home, but you can talk to my mom.
(kaia walks to my room where I was sleeping, barges in and says...)
Kaia: Mom 911 wants to talk to you.
Me: what?! to kaia: you called 911
Kaia: Yeah
Me: Hello
Operator: Yes, ma'am, your daughter just called and asked us for a net with no holes in it to catch the fly in her room.
Me: Oh my gosh, I am so sorry.
Operator: Is everything alright at your house?
Me: Yes, everything is fine (for now, I'm thinking)
Operator: Okay goodbye.
Me: Bye.

So after the phone call, I looked at Kaia and asked, "we call 911 for flies?" She gets a little attitude, and says yeah. I said let me tell you 2 things. First, I am so happy that you can call 911 and in an emergency I feel comfortable that you can call. Second, we only call 911 in an emergency. Let's talk about emergencies...
So we went over emergencies, we role played, and reviewed, then I sent her out and went back to bed.
I talked to her later and got the first part of the conversation with the operator, cause I really wanted to hear a transcript of the conversation... so that's is what she told me.
SERIOUSLY!!!! Where does a (then) 4 year old girl get the idea to call 911 for a fly? I can only think she watch a TV show where someone did that. I don't know, but I'm sure we are on some police list for phony 911 calls. Honestly :)

12 comments:

Jamie G.

That is too funny!! She really wanted that fly out of her room. Too cute!!

Belinda

Hey Steph - it was good to hear from you. Glad to see you have ablog that I can keep up with what you're up to!

Lenzi

Hey! Dad and Mom are great! How is your fam?? I noticed your little girls friend at graduation is Alex Floyd! You know Carla he mom is my cousin, what a small world it is huh?! Tell everyone I said hello! By the way, how is Kimmy??

Brad and Leslie

OK - first of all, was Lenzi trying to speak English in her comment, cuz it looks a little off to me! :) Anyhoo..you have such a cute family. I could pick your daughter out in a crowd - you should call her Stephanie, Jr.

VivaLasFloyds

Ok Leslie... I was just wondering if Lenzi might have been drinking!! It's all good though!

That is too funny about Kaia. Classic!

.

Kids are too funny! Think about the positive...she knows who to call in an emergency. If you ask my daughters, they say "Ghostbusters!"

Kasey

You definitly have to show this to her when she is older so she can be reminded what she did. It will probably be a story you tell over and over.

Kara

That is hillarious! I think I might have freaked out a little. Aren't little girls funny?

Heidi

Oh my gosh Steph! I am not sure what I will do to my kids if they EVER do that!! That is good that she knows how to use 911 though! I am glad that is was not a real emergency:-)

Amanda

I'm sure at the time you were dying...but that is hilarious!!! She is too funny! Makes for a very cute story!

I'm glad that you've been blogging!!! Very nice!

hollybake

That is FANTASTIC! LOL Ok our blog has been updated now! I know I know, it took a while but it is up and running now! LOL

Ipuna Black

She is something else. A girl thing. So funny!