Derek getting his gloves tapped on.
My crazy hubby ready to go.
Seriously look at the size of the other dude!So over the 4th of July Derek took the kids and went to Monticello for a week. Monticello is is south eastern Utah. His parents, his brother (and family), and two sisters live their. Anyway, he called me on the third of July and said, "I'm going to enter a boxing tournament." My first thought is DORK! Like who does that on purpose especially when youre not going to get like a million dollars even if you lose, but whatever. So I get a phone call from my friend who happened to be in the Monticello and Blanding area with her husband and family telling me she just watched Derek boxing. Now, my sister also was down their so she could see my kids and she was sitting right in front of my friend during the fight. They had never met previously, so both are taking pictures and video of Derek's match. I wanted to post this back in July but there have been issues with the videos. Making a longer than necessary story short... here are some video clips and some still photos of Derek getting his behind handed to him on a plate!
P.S. The guy he fought was 70lbs. heavier than Derek so it wasn't exactly fair, and although Derek got knocked down several times he always jumped right back up and finished the fight. I guess in some twisted way I am proud of that, although boxing is definetly not something I encourage him to do...the man just loves to fight!

8 comments:
What's up with guys and there violent ways of having fun? It just doesn't make sense to me, but I am glad he is ok!
Oh my gosh that is crazy!! Yeah Jimmy tells me about how he and his close friends would duke it out and then just continue to hang out! I guess that is less painful in some ways compared to what girls do to each other :) hee hee
Hey Steph-I am glad you found my blog-this will be fun to keep in touch with each other! Your husband is crazy, but hey, if he had fun, more power to him! BTW-I like your new haircut-looks cute!
Min's husband wants to start training too...I hope Johnny never gets that idea!
Oh my heck! I would kill Matt if her ever started doing that! I had such a good time at dinner tonight! Thanks for holding the baby for me:-) We will have to have a Halloween party in October at my house after we move in!
How funny! Our family has boxing matches in our garage - gloves, head gear, mats, the whole nine yards. It's very therapeutic! (Look at an old post of mine - I have pics of Zoƫ & T-Bone going at it!)
I got your phone number(s) from Minty. I'm gonna call you sometime and get some wrestling info from you! Les
Okay that pizza recipe is so easy! It takes like 90 minutes from start to finish. How was your first day of school???
Post a Comment