CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

So you'd think that a Halloween post is just a Halloween post except for when it isn't... it's a little ranty... confused? Okay, I hate Halloween, bottom line; not because it is a devil holiday, I just hate that the stores charge so much for costumes that my kids only wear once, and that I have to buy candy for other people's children and strangers who come to my house and try to look in, and I hate going around to other's houses begging for candy... Wow! glad I got that out... This year my boys each wanted a costume for $40 dollars each! I about lost my mind so I told them I was not buying costumes for anyone this year. They were a little sad, but they got over it so we went digging at my mom's house for some costumes cause she doesn't throw anything away. (My mother-in-law, I think, felt bad for the kids cause their mean old mom wasn't going to buy costumes so she found a cute lady bug costume for Kaia and gave the boys each $5 to help with the costume price, which was very thoughtful) This is what we came up with...

Initially for the stake harvest festival Matty was a rabbit in a hat but he hated it by the end of the afternoon... so we switched to elephant, then dog then mummy!

It took me 40 minutes to wrap Matty up as a mummy, and he went to 10 houses and then pooped out. He was done, so my dad took him back to our house where he helped my mom and dad hand out candy.

Kaia as the beautiful lady bug. She didn't like the face paint I had done before so we didn't do any Halloween night.
Kaia took a picture of me. She asked what my costume was and I told her I was dressed as her mom.

It took some convincing, but I talked Zack into wearing an old lady suit. I told him people would laugh but only because they loved the costume, which is indeed what happened. In fact, many people thought he was a little girl in an old lady suit. It is the greatest free costume ever. Any suggestions for next year? How can we top the little old lady???
Amount of money spent on Halloween $11 (face paint) priceless!

12 comments:

Kara

I think Zack's costume had to be my favorite. Hey I'm with ya. I think it's silly that they charge so much. That's why we dressed Ky up to match his daddy. I didn't want to spend all that money. Especially for a one year old.

Anonymous

Hey. Those costumes are great! My mom always had dress up clothes for us to wear. One year I remember being a gypsy and Keith was Tarzan.
I didn't even pass out candy this year. Katie was working, Harvey and Travis were at a playoff game so it was just Abby and I. No passing candy for me. You look great by the way!!

hollybake

Oh my gosh that is the funniest costume ever, no way to top that one. Yeah I like dressing up as myself for Hallowwen too. I had a great trick though, I got a really great colonoscopy for Halloween, fun. I LOVE THE Mummy costume. Kia is tooo cute!

.

The old lady costume is rocking!!! I love it. My girls are big into dress up and costumes so you are always welcome to hit up their stash!!! My tip is to go after Halloween and hit up the stores once costumes are 50-75% off. This way I don't feel quite so guilty about the price of the costumes.

Kasey

Well your costumes turned out great! I bought the boys skelaton ones on sale and let me tell you Colin has worn his about fifty times because he likes to play "scary guys". I used to hate Halloween too - I always hated figuring out a costume for myself but the boys were so excited this year it turned out to be a lot of fun.

Unknown

I love the old lady costume! I too felt bad for Mason-he so bad wanted to be Scooby Doo, but I wasn't about to spend $40 on that. I hope I didn't ruin his excitment for Halloween, oh well. I also loved Matthew's mummy costume-very cute!

LaAna

Those were great costumes! I love how excited the kids get to dress up. It makes you feel like a kid again!!!

Heidi

I am with you about Halloween! I HATE IT! I hate to spend $$ on something they are only going to put on ONCE! I spent a bit more then you did on Halloween, but did not break the bank either! Your kids costumes are so cute! Glad everyone had fun:-)

Ipuna Black

Wait until I show Kobi the pictue of Zack :)

steph j.

Zack's costume is the best! What did you stuff his tooshie with? And what a cut Mom you dressed up as!

steph j.

I meant "CUTE"! I really should read my comment before I push the button...not after!

Brad and Leslie

I swear I left you a comment about this post! You son looks JUST LIKE YOU! Holy crap it's scary. How's your hubby doing?