CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

A road trip and great gas prices!

I had to travel to Monticello, UT to get my kids. Why were they there you ask, and where the heck is Monticello? (See map)

Well they were on track break and my mother-in-law offered to take them for two and a half weeks! Maybe you are thinking, "I could never be without my kids for that long, and what a bad mother, and how could she let them go (or maybe you are not)" Well I will tell you, it was very easy! Since I am the only parent 24/7 for months at a time it was a very nice, very needed break! Anyway, as I drove into Cedar City I noticed gas was $1.77!

How could it be so much cheaper than here? Bear in mind that I took these pictures two weekends ago, and gas in Vegas was still over $2. I gladly filled up my tank and couldn't wait to fill up again on the way back to Vegas. It's stupid, but I've never paid so little to fill up my van!

Nevertheless I made it there and back on less than $100 for gas, which is unheard of for my van. The kids had a great time and I got so much done in my house! Every parent should be so lucky :)


Matty and Kaia in Grandma Nancy's maid cart. (she runs the Monticello Inn in ... Monticello!)

5 comments:

LaAna

What nice in-laws! I bet they had fun, and you probably didn't do so badly either.....

BTW - like their alcohol, their gas is watered down too, that's probably why it's so cheap!

Jamie G.

I would LOVE to have a few weeks "off!" Although, I can't think of anyone more deserving than you for a few weeks without kids!

How much fun to stay and help Grandma run the Inn. So cool!!

BTW, gas went down to $1.48 here in Indy. It's back up to about $1.72 again, but I'm not complaining at all!!!

.

What a great opportunity for the kids to get to know their grandma better...and for you to get some YOU time! I think all those old wives tales about how bad in-laws can be are a joke. I have been blessed with great in-laws too and it makes life so easy!

Kasey

Wow, you're lucky. Why didn't we do a girls night out while they were gone?

kim

I would not call sending your kids off for two weeks being a bad mom. I would call it crazy lucky!

Thanksgiving went good. It would have been better had we not found a leak in our roof 15 minutes before everyone was to come over. Oh the joys of being grown up.