CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 27, 2009

Discipline

Since Derek has been home he has also instituted a new form of discipline. One that does not involve yelling (which mine often does). If the kids forget to hang up their towel from their shower, they become the towel rack. If they leave out shoes or toys they owe push-ups or squat thrusters (as Kaia calls them) Sometimes they stand back to back and have to hold their arms out to the side or above their head for a prescribed amount of time. Sometimes they think it is fun (maybe cause it is new), but mostly they whine :) But I tell ya, we have had far fewer incidences of towels being left unhung or shoes and toys left out!

3 comments:

LaAna

Sir yes SIR! I so need to start that with my boys and that might include Eddie. We always have towels and socks on the floor.

Jamie G.

That's great! I'm gonna have to try that!

Brad and Leslie

I LOVE IT! I'm so glad we're not the only parents that make our kids do push-ups! :) Taking money from them works, too. Just a thought!