
After my first experience with the kids and skiing in December, Derek and I decided to take the kids again to Brianhead to go skiing as a family before he leaves again (which we found out today will be this week :( Anyway, we have some friends that own a condo up there so we had a place to stay, we got half price lift tickets and cheap rentals...Still cost us an arm and a leg but we had a good time :) Now I haven't been on a snowboard for ten years so I was not a big help to the children cause I could barely stay up on my board in the beginning, but Derek who hasn't been on a snowboard for as long as me (10 years) picked it up just fine and was cruising around like he had never stopped...so unfair! Zack went up the lift once with Derek and then once with me and then he was fine to go on his own. In fact,later in the day when he and I would go, I would fall getting off the lift, we would start going down and he would holler back at me, "See you at the bottom !" Only I would make it half way down and he would holler at me from the lift, " Hey mom, you're almost there!" I have to say I am so proud of him! He is so good at skiing and has never shown any interest in anything remotely athletic but he couldn't get enough. His first time coming down by himself he said, "Mom, that was so wicked awesome!" I wish I had some video of him, but after our beginning of the day picture we didn't even give it another thought. Derek helped Kaia and Matt up and down the lift and hill, and by the end of the day we were ready for the big lift that was twice as long as the original one. The boys did great coming down, Kaia got tired and whined the whole way down. I also had to stop mid hill and let her have a yellow snow break :) That was quite the challenge not to fall off my board or move down the hill while dangling her precariously over the snow so as not to get any pee on her or me :) Anyway, we can't wait to go again soon...maybe to Ski Lee. Anybody been? Is it any good?

3 comments:
What a fun time together! When, where and how long will he be gone? Is this for his job or is for the military? We wish him well...
Sounds like a blast! Neither Brian nor I have ever been skiing and don't plan to anytime soon. I am so clumsy I know I will break at least one bone if I go!
That is one trip my family will never make...you'll find us at the beach instead! I'm glad you all had fun and made some good memories before Derek left again.
Post a Comment