CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spring Break '09 (yes, I know it's almost a month late :)





I decided to take the kids to Lake Havasu for Spring Break this year. I needed to get out of the city and do something with the kids. Zack started off the week sick so I was hoping he would be well enough to make the trip. Thankfully he felt better so off we went. Lake Havasu is in Arizona and is home to the famous London Bridge. Yes, the same London Bridge that used to be in London. That is where the song comes from... "London Bridge is Falling Down". Some rich real estate mogul bought the crumbling bridge and shipped it to Arizona. Anyway, the kids had a great time on our
guided tour by boat, and each got to drive the boat.



Thanks Captain Pete!

The tallest peak is called Cupcake Mountain. Every fall people climb to the top and set fire works off to celebrate the city of Lake Havasu.







We rented a paddle wheeler... (of course mom's feet were the only ones long enough to paddle THE WHOLE TIME!!!!)

My parents took my sisters and I to Lake Havasu when I was like thirteen. The one thing I remember was this cool candle shop. They dip and carve the candles while you watch. I was so excited that it was still there and my kids got to watch too!



The kids thought the best part was down in a courtyard area by the bridge. The little shops sold food for the fish, ducks and birds. We saw some kids feeding the pigeons so my kids wanted to do it too. We bought some food and away we went. The pigeons were so docile and tame that they come land on your hand or arm to get food. Kaia and Zack loved it! Matty... well typical Matty :) I had to help hold his arm so he could do it too. (Yes, we washed our hands after feeding them!)




I took a picture of the one that landed on my arm.

We ate dinner at a place called the Black Bear Diner. Everything was so good! I was so happy to learn they have one here in Vegas too. It's on Tropicana and Jones. Kind of a drive, but worth it :)


So on our way home we got stopped by not one train, but two! The first train was so slow! So as we are waiting for the train to pass, a train coming the other direction passes us! We waited for at least ten minutes!

6 comments:

.

What a great trip! We have been trying to get back there for quite some time. And my favorite shop is the candle place too!!! Ahhhh, the memories! Glad you all had a great time!

Marylin

What a fun time!! I haven't been there but it looks like a great place to go!! :)

kim

How fun and what a great mom you are.

Heidi

What a fun spring break!! I don't think I would brave a trip like that with my 3 kids! Glad you guys had fun!

Brad and Leslie

Look how fun you are! You are such a strong, positive Mom. You must have had an older neighbor girl to look up to growing up...someone so practically perfect in every way!! Yes, I mean me....NOT Lisa!!!! :) I spent my Spring Break on a Pioneer Trek.

LaAna

Looks like you guys had a lot to do and tons of fun! Your kiddos are getting so big. I remember them first going to my mom's house and now look at them.