CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Two recitals and a birthday!

This is Miss Jolynn Wilson of the Joylnn's School of Dance. (Sorry about the sideways pictures, I can't figure out how to get rid of them)
May and ended with a bang followed closely by June's bang! Kaia started it out with a dance recital. Kaia attends Miss Jolynn's School of Dance and every year all the kids put on a performance of everything they have learned. This year Jolynn had the girls do a tap number and then a ballet number. My camera is very crappy so the pictures are not that good! But Kaia had a good time and I can tell she feels much more comfortable on the stage. Thanks Jolynn for all the hard work!
The tap number
The ballet number (How Much is that Doggie in the Window)

Kaia with her friend Mia after the performance.

KAIA TURNS 5! Kaia decided on a disco dance party for her birthday party this year! We had to get disco ball decorations, plates that looked like records, a pinata that looked like a record. We played the cake walk game except the kids did not win a cake they got a small prize. We played pin the neon ball on the disco ball, freeze dance, and on and on. We had pizza "twists" for lunch, and a Hannah Montana cake. (I know Hannah Montana doesn't seem to fit, but she does sing)

Big brother Zack broke the pinata open. He was hoping none of the other kids would break it before he could get at it. We made him wait until the end of course.
Their was enough candy to go around, and everyone got more than enough. (Sorry parents!)

Lunch time!
Kaia took pictures with all of her guests. This is my friend Bree who boughtout the store of barbie stuff for Kaia. We love Bree. My inlaws came in from Moticello, UT to surprise Kaia for her birthday. The girl ended up with $100 besides all the gifts! Seriously I never got that much money ever for a birthday. Maybe I just didn't know the right people :) Now that my baby is five and ready to start public school, it makes me so happy that I don't have anymore babies! I wish I could be sentimental about her growing up, but I have always said I am not a good little kid mom. Give me the big kids. I guess I'll be getting my wish soon enough. All of my kids have a ridiculous amount of nicknames, so in honor of Kaia's fifth birthday I will share some of hers: beanie, janie bean, misses jane, sister bear, sis, misses lady, girly jane, lady jane, and little girl. I think that is all of them. What is amazing to me is that she answers to all of them or any others that I might make up on the fly. We love you Sis!
Finally, her last recital. Kaia belongs to a musical theater group called Hollywood Kids. It is run by Margie Seastrand, and twice a year the kids put on a musical. This was Kaia's third performance. Her first was a Salute to Disney, next was 101 Dalmations, and this one was a Salute to Broadway. In these picture Kaia is part of the scene from Peter Pan and the Ugg a Wugg song. Since her first performance she is so much more comfortable on the stage and in her own abilites on the stage. I can't wait for her to get a speaking part. Margie and her staff do such an amazing job with the kids, and the kids have so much fun doing it! In the fall look for a blog about her next show. Keep it up Hollywood Kids. I love it!



6 comments:

Heidi

Wow, you guys have had a busy few weeks! Happy Birthday Kaia!! I still can't believe that Cadence is also 5! Cute pictures of Kaia and her dance performance! Very cute girl!

.

Whew, you have been super busy, but it sounds like fun. Isn't five a great age?

LaAna

Wow steph, your kids have gotten so big! Thanks for dropping by to say hi. This is a great way for everyone to reconnect. Well, have a fun summer and enjoy your little ones!

Jamie G.

She is so cute! I, too, love how my kids are getting bigger and can be more independent. It's really fun!!

Brad and Leslie

How fun - I miss Jolynn. Is that Kasey in the back ground of the pinata picture?

steph j.

So cute Steph, she looks just like you!