CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

It's not cancerous, but it's not normal

So I've had this thing on my leg for some time. It was kind of a dark underground thing. I could squeeze around it and tell that whatever it was, it was deep. I was at my dermatologists office and asked him to look at it. He decided that it needed to be biopsied. So he cut a little chunk out and sent it away to be analyzed. Two weeks later I'm back in his office to get my one stitch out, and he reads the results. Basically, it's not cancerous, but it's not normal, and I need to get the rest of it out to be on the safe side. So two weeks ago I went in and he cut the rest of the thing out of my leg. Now I thought that it was about the size of a dime and a half an inch thick, but you can clearly see from the picture that the incision was longer than a quarter and it was about a half an inch thick (just like I thought) I had to get stitches inside and outside the incision, and really the recovery was not that bad. I couldn't work out for two days (Which I hated-seriously) and it throbbed every so often, probably when the nerves were reconnecting. Tuesday I went in for my stitch removal, and everything looks good, except of course for the ginormous scar on my leg! Hopefully that will fade in time, but we'll see, I have some other ugly scars that never went down. Anyway, I am happy that it was not a more serious condition. Enjoy the pictures :)


11 comments:

Amanda

Girl...glad to hear it's not cancerous but still it's a lot to go through!!! I'm sure the scar will fade in time!!!

Marylin

You could always tell people that someone stabbed you if they ask what the scar is from, it sounds kinda exciting, like maybe you work under cover or something :) hee hee. You never know, or maybe it was some out of control PTA meeting! :) wink wink

Dinner was fun the other night, wish I had gotten a pic!

Steph

Ooooo... I like the stabby reason. Maybe I will use that! We'll have to plan another one soon!

.

Sounds like you have had a lot on your plate lately. Life definitely throws us curveballs sometimes!

Heidi

Holy Crap Steph! That is just crazy! I am so glad that it was not cancerous! I hope that you are feeling better! If you need anything, please give me a call!

Mindy

CRAZY!! I'm glad everything is fine.

I really was kidding too. I need to be more careful about what I type because it really can be interpreted bad (I joke around A LOT and I think I should learn to censor!!!!)

I am so happy to be in touch with you again. Your family is absolutely beautiful. How is the rest of your family? what have they been up to?

Kasey

Ummm, hello? Why didn't I get invited to dinner? You better call me next time! Sorry about your leg, that looks yucky.

Frayer Family

Gee Steph...I'm glad that your okay. That is kinda scarey. Hey...you did pretty good guessing how to pronounce Terri's baby's name. Anyway, while I was at Terri's I was looking at her old scrapbooks and I came across pictures of Dave Eyre in high school. It is funny that you know him too. I knew when I saw his picture on your fridge that I knew him. Anyway, hope all is well!! Love ya,
Jaimee

Brad and Leslie

Glad to know everything is ok!

hollybake

Wow! I am glad everything is ok now! Yeah I like the stab thing too! LOL Hope your family is well!

Ipuna Black

Wow! You will have to keep me posted as to what the final reading is when the whole thing is tested. It is big! I'm glad you are feeling better.