CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Another broken bone!!!

So we've been in Monticello for three days and on day two I am awakend (why am I always awakened to tragedy) by Kaia knocking on our motel door, then immediately a phone call from my niece from the motel office tell me that Zack slammed his hand in the door. Right after that news Zack runs down to the room and bangs on the door. I let him in and he immediately drops to the floor and starts writhing around, screaming and crying. He won't tell me what is going on, but I can guess that we probably have abroken something. Anyway he finally lets me have a look at his hand and I can tell his middle finger is pretty hurt. He asks to go to the hospital,and I'm thinking this is not Vegas, what kind of hospital are we going to be going to in a town of 2000! Well the emergency room entrance is icy and very scary to walk into. What if Zack would have fallen again on the ice...anyway there was no one in the emergency room, so wegot to a room right away, and right away they knew we were not from San Juan county :) The doctor came right in and he knew my mother-in-law and asked if I got along with her. Hmmmmm does he know something I don't??? Then we went to xray, and because I promised I wasn't pregnant I got to sit in the room with Zack. Ahhh the innocence of a small town. The xray showed he broke the tip of his middle finger on his left hand. So he's got a splint on for two weeks. So there is only a week and a half left in this year, Kaia needs to hurry up and break something so they all three can have broken something while their dad is gone. I get all the fun stuff, he misses all the illnesses and broken bones :) The other pictures are the kids playing in the snow in the motel parking lot. More to come as our two week adventure continues...
Broken finger Zack!!!



7 comments:

LaAna

I believe if you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all! Hope he gets well soon and the rest of your trip is accident free.

PS-Put on helmets if you take them sledding, better yet just stay home!

Marylin

Oh man that stinks!! I swear us Mom's always get to be in charge when that stuff happens! Poor boy! Hopefully the rest of your trip will be uneventful!! :)

VivaLasFloyds

I'm going to have to call cps...this is getting to be a pattern!!

Kasey

Are you going to be gone the whole two weeks? I called the other day to chat but I guess you were already gone. I had a funny dream with you in it. You were really rich and you took me on a vacation and we stayed in the most beautiful hotel! I got my own room and it was HUGE. And the best thing was there were no kids! If only it could come true....

Heidi

Wow, what a way to end the year! Hope you have fun on your trip!

Ipuna Black

Oh no! Lucky he still can play video games.

Jenna

Dang steph!!! sorry about the broken finger!! He just couldn't let Matty have all the attention! Looks like you had fun though! Were glad your home!