Imagine a quiet, peaceful Saturday morning. The kids are awake and quietly doing whatever when all of a sudden you are awakened by a screaming alarm. My first thought was one of the kids set off the alarm by accident. So I bolt out of bed and run to the laundry room and punch in the alarm code. It didn't turn off the alarm the first time, so I punched it in again, still no luck... that is when Matty yells to me to come to the kitchen. So as we run to the kitchen I notice the smell of smoke. I turn the corner into the kitchen and notice a fire in the toaster. Matty had set his poptart for extra long and the thing caught on fire. I pulled out the toaster plug, and blew out the fire. The alarm was still going off at this point so I thought I should use the broom to fan the smoke away from the smoke detector, but as soon as I got to the broom the alarm turned itself off. At that moment Kaia ran back IN the house with her poptart in hand crying hysterically. That is when noticed what she had on... A tank top with a half jacket. She had no panties on! No pants! Nothing! She knew when a fire hapens to get out of the building but she forgot to put clothes on! I wonder how many people saw my 5 year old sprint out of the house screaming and crying with no clothes on her bottom half? Wonderful :) Needless to say poptarts are not on my grocery list, and my children are not allowed to be using those appliances without my supervision.

8 comments:
Who is getting married?!
What a scary way to start the morning!!!! I bet the kids were pretty frightened too. I am glad all turned out ok and BTW, I love the new widget for when Derek is coming home...HOW EXCITING!!!
Hey Steph!
I talked to your Mom yesterday and she shared the news about Kimmy. I can't believe it. It seems that just yesterday I was babysitting her. By the way, I eat my Pop-tarts raw, they are certainly safer that way.
That is so funny! Well I'm sure you did not think so at the time. I'm glad no one was hurt.
Ok, I had to come back and read your post again. I can't stop laughing, not because of the fire..I can't stop picturing a 1/2 naked, 1/2 Iverson kid running around a neighborhood with a Pop Tart in her hand! Priceless. Does Kim have an e-mail address? Let me know if she does & I'll call you to get it.
That is SOOOOOO funny Steph! Poor Kia. I am sure she was scared to death! At least it wasn't snowing outside like it is in Denver! LOL did Heid tell you I am pregers?
Okay, so I suppose you'll be hearing from CPS soon?
I can see the head line now: Mother sleeps while her child sets fire to the house and her poor, sweet daughter is running half naked crying through the neighborhood! Funny stuff.....
That really is funny. A little more funny than Colin getting ready to pee on the grass at Trevor's school. Some day you will look back when they are all grown and breathe a sigh of relief and say "I can't belive they all survivied this long!"
Post a Comment