CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Quick weekend trip to Lagoon


This happened almost a month ago, but time has gotten away from me... My mother-in-law called at the end of August and asked if I would want to bring the kids and meet her in Salt Lake for a weekend and she would pay for out trip to Lagoon. Well how do you pass up free? She not only paid for our tickets to Lagoon, she paid for my gas up and back, all our meals, tickets to Hogle Zoo, and our lodging! My sister-in-law came up from Monticello with Nancy (mother-in-law) so my kids got to see their cousins too. It was a whirl-wind trip: I worked all day Friday and we left at 4pm after the boys got home from school. We didn't get to Ogden (where we stayed)until about 11:30pm. Up at 6am Saturday to get ready. Lagoon all day until we were rained out at 8pm. Asleep by 10pm. Up at 7am Sunday to get ready for the Zoo. At the zoo at 11:30 to celebrate Zack's ninth b-day, we stayed until 4:30pm. Quick stop at IKEA until closing @6pm then a six hour drive home. We got home at about 11pm. I had to then get up at 4:45 so I could get to work on time Monday morning! It was quick but we had so much fun, and I didn't fall asleep while driving (I'm known to do that)
Matty on the pirate swinging ship
My mother-in-law all covered up so she wouldn't mess up her hair on the ragin' waters ride
Kaia and I before our saloon shoot.
The saloon photo! I love Kaia's face... she looks right out of the 1800's!
We were surrounded by bees the whole time!
Matthew developed a crazy fear of them while we were there. I know I should have been consoling him, but I thought it would be great to take his sad little picture instead :)
Kaia giving her cousin Devon a massage at lunch
Zack and McKayla with Ronald after breakfast
This is Zack's birthday cake at the Zoo. Nancy bought all the kids a hat too and Zack picked out the biggest one!
All the cousins in front of an elephant statue.
Zack on the polar bear
Matty on the lion.
Kaia on some wild cat
Kaia with a meer cat! They were so cute :)

3 comments:

LaAna

Looks like you all had a blast! Isn't it even that much more fun when it's FREE? What a nice mother-in-law you have.

Heidi

What a fun crazy weekend! I remember that you called me on your way there! I am glad that you guys had such a good time! I hope that I will see you at Sia's shower this weekend.

Marylin

How fun!! I love the serious faces in the old western picture!! I swear I haven't been able to chat with you in too long, we need to do lunch again soon! :)