CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

A favorite...

Since Derek has been home he has not lost any time jumping back into the swing of things at our house. He takes care of morning duty with the kids (waking them up, getting them ready for school, breakfast), he does the laundry, stays on top of the kids about chores, washes dishes, mops the floor etc... but my favorite is that everyday after school when the boys get home from school he sits down at the table with them and helps them with their homework no matter how long it takes! He quizes (and quizzes) them on spelling words, and word card words. He helps with Math, reading you name it! I love to see that and I love it when the boys come home on Friday all excited becuase they aced their spelling test. It will be so sad when he leaves again because I am not as diligent as he is with homework. I know slap my wrists I am a teacher, but I even hated to give it out to my students cause I know how busy life can be at home. He probably doesn't want anyone knowing about his "softer" side but I have to show those kinds of things off :)

P.S. He does the same thing with Kaia when she gets home from school at noon.

8 comments:

Kara

It must be so nice to have him home. I bet the kids are loving all fo his attention too. I know things are a lot easier, and the kids are different when Kelly is home. Dang it that he has to leave again!

Heidi

That is so cute:-) That is so cool he is home! When will he have to leave again?

LaAna

I bet you do love him being home! Te extra help is nice and it sounds like he's a pro at it. Good for him.... and YOU!

.

What a great dad!!!! It's great that when he is home, he steps in like he never was gone...those are the things kids will remember when they get older!

kim

What a great dad! Tell him we say hello and hope to see you all this summer.

Kasey

My kids do so much better when Dave helps them with stuff too. Must be a Dad thing.

Brad and Leslie

Isn't it nice to have a great husband?! Brad is a better homework helper than I will ever be...most of the time. :)

Frayer Family

I agree about homework too!!! I hate to assign so much too...even in kindergarten since my son has to do whatever homework my gradelevel decides!! (since he goes to my school)!
Jaimee