They really thought they were going to be able light a fire in the back yard and roast marshmallows! Our back lawn is completely dead. I could just see our whole lawn going up in flames if we let them set a fire. So we let them roast over the grill. Zack decided to make a fake fire. He stood a flashlight up in the middle of the fire pit and they covered it with colored construction paper so that when they turned on the flashlight it would look like a fire. I totally thought they would last until it was dark and then come in because they were scarred.
They made a list of all the things they wanted to do before they went to bed: star gazing, shadow puppets, ghost stories etc. Kobi fell asleep and Zack got hot so he came in at 11:30, then Derek got Kobi and brought him in. Turns out it was good they came in cause the sprinklers came on in the morning :) I remember camping in my backyard and I think I made it once through the night in my backyard; I always got scarred. I'm so glad they had a great time though. I also used the campout as an opportunity to remind Zack of all the fun things I let him do before he tells me he hates me the next time. He gave me a hug and agreed with me, and that he would try to remember. (I had to get some of the parent guilt in there :)

3 comments:
I love the construction paper fire! We used to do that when we played camping in the house and made a tent out of sheets. Okay Sia keeps telling me she wants to do a girls night out, but she will never give me a date. Let's finally plan one! Call me! Maybe it can be a mini bridal shower for her!
Looks like fun, aren't kids creative?!?
I'm so glad they did that. Kobi always acts like I never let him do anything as well. EVERYONE else gets to play, but he NEVER gets to play. So funny.
Post a Comment